Monday, April 14, 2014

#20 Games

For this "thing" I downloaded Word Abacus.

I was already addicted to Candy Crush (til I got stuck at Level 421 and quit), and have tried Temple Run and some word anagram games.  I've recently started playing Farm Heroes Saga...which is about the same as Candy Crush, and just as addicting.

Word Abacus was a nice change of pace......

It started out pretty easy.  It's a simple little interface, and directions are straightforward.  You make words....they have to be at least three letters long.  At some point at each level, you "complete it" and move on.  Things get added.....green letters that are worth extra points, red letters that you have to use or the game is over. As you moe up the levels, you get more of the red ones that have to be used.

When I made it to level seven, I was limited to making just one three-letter word per game, which means I really needed to slow down and use some strategy.  And then those red letters started coming!  I barely got through the level, but I eventually passed it.....but then lost in level 8.

I'll keep it on my iPad, as it's pretty fun.  And now that I've played it, it should be easy to improve my past performance.

*Note: There were adds that rolled on the top as I played.  They were only slightly annoying.  I was asked once in eight levels to "upgrade" for $1.99....which I didn't.*


No comments:

Post a Comment