Wednesday, April 2, 2014

#19 Hobbies

I wasn't too excited about the app choices for this "thing"....except the Road Ninja, but I'm not currently traveling so I'll have to store that one away for the future...so I decided to see if there were any apps out there for one of my favorite hobbies: scrapbooking!

I created my first digital scrapbook last weekend, actually, but I did it on my computer, not an iPad or iPhone.  I thought I'd see if it's even possible to do one on an iPad.  I imagine it couldn't be as detailed as a computer one, but I bet it could still work.

For this "thing", I downloaded a few apps I came across when Google searching for "scrapbooking apps".  I got ScrapPad (I even paid actual money for it: $4.99!), Collect, and Phonto.


Phonto is pretty simple. I gave it access to my photos, and chose one to work on, after selecting a filter (TONS of choices).  As a photo editing app, it was actually similar to PS Express, Aviary, Line Camera, etc.  It was easy to use....I liked the simplicity.  It was also easy to save and share.  Here's what I did with a REALLY old picture of mine:






Collect looked like an interesting app...maybe not for me, but I have some friends with little kids who would get into it.  Basically, it encourages you to take pics daily, and then those can end up on a calendar.... with all sorts of collage options as well.  I went back to last August (we were on a trip) and made a retro album just to test it.  This would be easier if you were just building daily, rather than looking to go backwards. For a trip, or a new baby, or some great life event, this could be cool, because there are also options to make/buy more things and do some journaling and notetaking.

My very basic start (five days only) looked like this:





The last app I tried (and paid good $ for) was ScrapPad. Upon opening it, there was a nine slide demo.....this was helpful. I learned early on that I can, in fact, order actual albums from this app.  It looks like this app will be as easy as "Drag, Pinch, & Twist". The interface (in the demo) seems simple.  I also learned from this that there is a Mac app as well.

Let's play!

Okay, so I played.....and this is a VERY easy app to use.  Ordering books from it is simple.  Choosing themes, filters, stickers, embellishments, etc. is simple too.  I could totally make a scrapbook on here.....though I don't know if I will.  While I like things simple, I'm used to my scrapbooks being more complex, and I would be more likely to do this on the laptop instead of the iPad.  However, while on a trip, this would be a fun way to post stuff along the way to facebook or something.  Somehow, I'll get my $5 out of this app......


No comments:

Post a Comment