Tuesday, March 25, 2014

#14 Video

Let me start this post with a few facts:

1. I like iMovie.  09.  I do not like the iMovie app, or other versions of iMovie.  As much of a digital user as I am.....movies are pretty challenging for me and I'm reticent to learn new programs.

2. I don't do Vine.  I don't see the appeal.

3. I am willing to make movies out of screencasts, so I use Screen-cast-o-matic or ScreenR for that.  These are the "movies" I share with kids (most of these are "how-tos").

4. So...downloading Viddy and Magisto is a stretch.  But I'll try.

Viddy:

I made an account. I gave camera and microphone access.  I launched a "new video".  And Viddy spun, and spun, and spun. I quit out of the app...disappointed.  I relaunched it and it kicked into gear.  I decided to make a video of my cat....later cats (because her brother had to see what the fuss was about). I chose a "filter" for it.  I did my 30 seconds....and then I easily shared it to Facebook (and quickly deleted the video...what wants to see video of my silly cats....?).  I imagine this is the same way that Vine works...but I like the 30 seconds better.  I downloaded this app to my iPhone.  I can see myself using it at some point.  The easy connection to Twitter and Facebook is nice.  It's pretty slick.  Adding music (limited selection) is easy, changing the chosen filter is simple, and trimming the clips is easy as well. Sharing this to my "contacts" didn't work, but I likely wouldn't use that feature anyway. I got annoyed at the end, because the app was behaving strangely though.......I had to completely QUIT and relaunch the app to get it out of its "won't do what I want it to" cycle.  I hate when apps are like this.

Magisto:

Yep...one more account for me.  I really should have made up a dummy e-mail for these 23 things.......hindsight is certainly 20/20.

I got the "Welcome to Magisto"  and "please verify your e-mail"e-mail right away....not the case for the other new apps I joined today.

So...seems pretty easy.  I choose some video footage.  Choose a theme.  Choose music (their music or I can go to iTunes and use mine).  Make a title.  And then I watch it "create my movie".  I enabled notifications so I can be told when it's ready (kind of like YouTube and Vimeo I guess?)


And I wait.

I got my notice that it was ready in about three minutes...it was a 27 second video.

OMG!  This was SUPER COOL!!!!  It basically created a movie with cool graphics, multiple views, different clips, and fitting music. It took out the original sound, but it was still cool.

You can see it HERE

I will TOTALLY use this one....but more for personal than work.

I'm actually going to stop blogging so I can go play right now.......

Here's what I learned from my "playing":

* I need the pro version to use more than 10 photos at a time.

*It's not really a photo editor ---it's more like that Facebook video creator that was big around Facebook's anniversary a few months back.

* I need the pro version download a video to my camera roll.

* I need it for a few different things........and if I don't like the way it made my video...there's really nothing you can do about it.

* It also gives me the option of using MY music, but I tried four different songs and Magisto said they wouldn't work???  Go figure.

* I also saw from some reviews that Facebook will block some videos for  copyright issues, so this could cause a problem.

I still think it's cool and all....but I'm not as "hooked" as I thought I might be.



No comments:

Post a Comment