Tuesday, February 11, 2014

#6: Creating & Editing Docs

I admit it.....I was not all that interested in trying out the apps in this "thing" (I like to use Keynote and Pages on my iPad......as I've admitted before, I've been drinking the Apple Kool-Aid for quite some time), but I am VERY happy about something I discovered that might come in quite handy next year with my students.

I downloaded Quickoffice rather than CloudOn, solely because of the Google connection.  My kids are users of Googledocs/Drive and any time I can connect more into Google, the happier we are because the password is the same for everything....with middle schoolers, this is a big deal. We use Google to connect with Khan Academy and Edmodo already, so connecting here would be great......

For ONE. BIG. REASON.


POWERPOINT PRESENTATIONS.


My kids have access to Keynote, Haiku Deck, and Prezi, but there are many who would like to do Powerpoint styles of presentations......iPads don't let kids create presentations within Google Drive...just documents and spreadsheets, so this could provide that for them.


I like that this app has lots of tutorial help in it (though it's pretty intuitive) and would be relatively simple for kids to learn to use. I'll likely add it to the 1:1 iPads next year.

I also downloaded SignNow, just to test it.  Getting an account took all of thirty seconds, and figuring out how it works is pretty straightforward.  At this point, I can't see a need for it in my line of work or personal life, but I can see how someone who has to send around a lot of important documents might need it.  I may keep it on my iPad just in case....you never know.






No comments:

Post a Comment