Wednesday, February 12, 2014

#7: Content Saving & Sharing

Saving and sharing is most definitely NOT a hardship for me.  I share stuff online quite a bit with Facebook, my personal blog, and Twitter, and I do have a Pinterest account, but rarely look at it.

I'm engaged to be married in about eight months, and the only reason I ended up on Pinterest is because my best friend found these wedding ideas and I kept getting messages about things getting pinned for me......so I have a few things in there, but not much.

Mostly it's because I'm scared. I don't need another app to be addicted to.  And I know WAY too many women who admit to HOURS on Pinterest.  This is the same reason I don't do Instagram or Tumbler.....you just have to say NO to some things. My media assistant finds TONS of great ideas on Pinterest for our bulletin boards and library decorations and I think it's a real cool source for things like that...and it has given me a couple wedding ideas.

So...I'm only going to look into Pinterest to learn about it....NOT to get addicted.........stay tuned.

The next day:

So, I created some boards.....I have some "funny" boards, a wedding one, a book one, recipes, and a travel one.  I find it funny that I have "followers" on Pinterest, and I'm not sure what that really means....I suppose they just pinned things I pinned? I was given the option of "secret" boards...and I suppose those might be nice for Christmas gift ideas or things I don't want to publicize to others.

 

What do I like about Pinterest?  Well, if I had 10 hours to do nothing, I could totally surf Pinterest....it seems completely endless.  I like all the ideas that are available to non-cooker-non-baker-non-crafter people like me....but it can get pretty overwhelming because it never ends.  It also can get repetitive at times, as you see the same pins over and over and that gets old.

I think the best part is that I get to make my own categories and that it saves the picture of the idea for me......it makes it easier to remember why I pinned it in the first place...and removing stuff I decide I'm not all that excited about.

I can see myself spending more time here over the next eight months of wedding planning.....but I REALLY don't need to be addicted to another app.....unless I let go of Candy Crush :)

No comments:

Post a Comment